Redwood Bank launched in August 2017, with a view to offering a real alternative for small and me-dium sized organisations.
As a small, but passionate start-up Bank, we offer a distinctively positive workplace, achieved through selectively recruiting people who share the same values as us and think and act collabora-tively. We have a positive impact on our customers through ensuring the alignment and engagement of our people.
Our expanding Credit and Underwriting Team is looking to recruit an experienced and motivated Credit Underwriter to assess new lending applications for quality, credit risk, and adherence with the Bank’s policies and lending appetite whilst giving a market leading service to the Bank’s customers and stakeholders.
Reporting in to the Director of Credit & Underwriting, this is an excellent opportunity for a bright, ambitious person to strengthen an outstanding team. Your main responsibilities will include analysing, assessing and summarising individual property lending cases for professional landlords and also trading businesses, and recommending approval, or otherwise.
Other Key Accountabilities will be:
- Summarise individual lending cases and approve, or otherwise, within own delegated au-thority or provide recommendations to the Head of/Director of Credit and Underwriting or to members of the Bank’s Credit Committee.
- Detailed research, analysis and investigation of individual lending applications, ensuring all risks are identified
- Identification of policy or protocol exceptions, with suitable recommendations of any reme-dial actions required.
- Provide support where needed to ensure that all post-sanction administration procedures are timely and compliant with Bank’s policies and procedures including the maintenance of appropriate MI.
- Maintain good working relationships with all legal and valuer panel partners to ensure smooth and timely exchange of correspondence and communication.
- Contribute and work with the Director of Credit & Underwriting on strategic initiatives de-veloped to improve the banks performance or controls as requested.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with, and provide support to members of the Business Development Team
The candidate will have proven experience of underwriting Commercial and Residential property in-vestment loans to Professional investors and it is preferred if the candidate also has experience in underwriting Property Development loans as well as good Knowledge of Housebuilding and Building development funding. Experience of underwriting owner occupier deals and good understanding of balance sheet lending is also preferable. The candidate also will need to be able to manage rela-tionships at key levels and be a team player with a collaborative style to work across all areas of the business.
The candidate is likely to have gained this experience in a Commercial Bank or new Challenger Bank.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated self-starter, who is able to work on their own initiative to deliver high-quality end to end customer service to join us on our journey.
To find out more or to apply for this role, please email your CV and covering note to our HR team.