Redwood’s staff are pivotal in delivering our special customer experience. We are a team of talented individuals who make a genuine difference to the future of business lending and savings. Our inhouse culture has been carefully cultivated to support curious minds within a collaborative workforce.
As a fast-developing Challenger Bank, we are always seeking ambitious, loyal, and dedicated people, who have diverse backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Loan Portfolio Analyst to join our fast-paced Credit Underwriting and Portfolio Management teams.
The individual will work in a dual reporting role, responsible for the development and delivery of business critical statistical and data MI, with detailed supporting analysis. This will include oversight of future external partnerships, product assessments, customer MI and the carrying out of portfolio product overviews.
Key focus of the role will be to:
- Support the development of the portfolio strategy for existing and new debt, including delinquencies.
- Analyse Lending Management information to provide insightful commentary for Credit Committee, Exco, and where appropriate, Risk Committee.
- Draft and produce regular monthly reporting and ad-hoc report requirements in respect of the back book of lending customers.
- Gather and assess financial and key data within the portfolio.
- Ensure MI is accurate, and all customers are correctly designated, be that within the Watchlist, Forbearance or the good-book portfolio.
- Support the completion of monthly customer reviews.
- Collate sector information from a variety of external sources, preparing sector updates on a just in time basis, for circulation to the wider Redwood team.
- Produce presentations on various topics relating to the lending book.
Applicants should have proven analytical skills within a Financial Services organisation, together with a good knowledge of credit risk, covering secured and unsecured SME lending, along with:
- Experience processing/mining/manipulating large datasets and understanding of risk data infrastructure/systems.
- Ability to understand business, processes, workflows, and business objectives, and develop key metrics to deliver business goals.
- Hands-on experience, working in a data driven or quantitative role within Financial Services.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Strong analytics skills and proficient with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Positive attitude and team player who embraces collaboration.
If you are looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, then it is time to join Redwood Bank.
To find out more or to apply for this role, please email your CV and covering note to our HR team.