This is an exciting new role for an ambitious Risk Manager who wants to develop their career, offering an opportunity to get involved in all aspects of risk management. Reporting to, and working with, the Head of Risk, this individual will manage the risk function within the Bank and assist in creating and maintaining a robust risk management structure, to include a risk register, risk appetite, risk framework and risk systems.
You will further provide the Bank with expertise and capability in all aspects of risk management, to support the Bank’s strategy and apply its vision and values; as well as ensuring that the Bank meets current and future regulatory rules and legislation.
Other key accountabilities include:
- Development of risk management frameworks, which ensure the Bank operates within regulatory rules and that its policies and procedures are consistent with regulatory requirements and all relevant legislation.
- Assistance in providing an independent view of the Bank's risk management practices to the Board and to senior management.
- Providing appropriate technical and professional expertise in respect of risk management for the Bank, particularly in respect of the oversight of the oversight of liquidity risk, market risk, credit risk and capital management.
- Developing the Bank's policies in respect of risk management matters, to meet regulatory requirements and good market practice.
- Ensuring that appropriate processes are developed for the assessment, measurement and management of risks.
- Monitoring and reporting on liquidity risk, market risk, credit risk and capital management.
- Providing independent assessments of the operation of risk management and control frameworks within the Bank.
- Supporting the Head of Risk assist in developing the second line risk function.
Applicants must be educated to degree standard and preferably with a relevant professional qualification. They should possess at least five years of first/second line risk management experience within a financial services firm, having a broad knowledge of the banking risk management landscape and experience of dealing with senior management on risk issues.
Candidates must have a good understanding of the constantly changing regulatory environment within the UK, as well as a good command of technology and its role within a growing business.
You will demonstrate initiative when performing the above duties. Accuracy, flexibility and strong team working abilities are essential. This a fantastic opportunity to further your career within a new and growing bank.
To find out more or to apply for this role, please email your CV and covering note to our HR team: