Our inhouse culture has been carefully cultivated to support curious minds within a collaborative workforce.
As a fast-developing Challenger Bank, we are always seeking ambitious, loyal and dedicated people who have diverse backgrounds, experiences and skills.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Lending Product Manager to join our fast-paced product and strategy team.
The individual will be responsible for supporting the growth ambitions of the Bank’s existing and new lending products, as well as ensuring the Bank delivers its product financial targets on margins, balance growth and customer volumes. The employee will also assess market conditions, taking into account the market opportunity and growth potential, competitor activity, existing capabilities and risk appetite, in order to gain and sustain the Bank’s competitive edge and results.
The employee, alongside the Director of Products and Strategy will ensure the Bank’s new and existing products are performing as customers would expect and are in line with legal and regulatory obligations, internal policy, and industry best practice. In addition to this, they willprovide in-depth analysis of relevant MI to help determine strategy, provide insight and assess risk within the portfolio.
Key focus of the role will be:
- Support the Director of Products and Strategy on the Bank’s diversification strategy, assessing new market opportunities for presentation and approval at Executive and Board level Committees; end-to-end product and pricing management for existing product lines and any new product lines the Bank launches in accordance with the Bank’s business plan as well as managing future third party relationships as appropriate.
- Plan product launches utilising appropriate marketing and promotion initiatives to maximise the business volumes and ensure successful launch.
- Review and enhance the features of existing products and engage in designing new services that fulfil the requirements of SME customers.
- Define processes, procedures and KPIs to manage the end-to-end customer journey for lending products.
- Keep track of the market and regulatory changes to ensure customer needs are constantly being met and TCF principles adhered to.
- Review regular reports on product performance, tracking key performance indicators (KPIs) such as risk indicators, revenue and market share, getting insights from sales and support.
- Attendance at the monthly Marketing and Product Committee meeting and presenting where appropriate.
Lending specific accountabilities
- Assess the risk of new and existing lending products and report those within the risk and governance framework of the Bank.
- Assess the viability, customer benefit, risk, and P&L benefit of any new asset classes that the Bank will launch as part of its Strategic Plan.
- Work closely with Business Development Managers to understand market intelligence to support development of new and existing products.
- Work alongside the Director of Products & Strategy to identify and propose new external partner relationships and channels for new lending products / asset classes. Provide first class external stakeholder management through the due diligence process, and on-going as appropriate.
- Work closely with Credit Underwriting and Credit Operations to understand improvements to the customer journey / experience and recommend changes to process for cost efficiencies and customer benefit.
- Work closely with Marketing to ensure product promotion of lending products is maximised through both internal and external media.
Applicants should be educated to degree standard or above, preferably in business administration, finance, marketing or related disciplines. Experience in the financial and banking sector, preferably within a SME environment, as well as at least three years relevant product knowledge, including knowledge of lending products, the regulatory and competitive environment. Knowledge of both secured and unsecured lending is preferred, including previous management of asset classes such as invoice finance, unsecured lending and asset finance.
If you are looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, then it is time to join Redwood Bank.
To find out more or to apply for this role, please email your CV and covering note to our HR team.
Send an email to our HR team